WHAT WE BELIEVE
Statement of Faith
- We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is therefore the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct of Christians.
- We believe that only one God eternally exists in Trinity - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God the Father is the creator and the sustainer of heaven and earth and everything therein.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, our Lord, is the only son of God, and God the Son from eternity. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death and bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in every believer and is ever present to testify of Christ.
- We believe that man was originally created in the image and likeness of God, and that he fell through sin, lost his spiritual life and became subject to the power of the devil. We believe that only through the regeneration by the Holy Spirit, can man receive salvation and the spiritual life.
- We believe that our redemption has been accomplished solely by the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that the salvation of man comes only through faith in Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will be coming in the air to receive His own to Himself into heaven and that this event is the blessed hope set before us and for this we should be constantly looking.
- We believe that the only Holy Universal Church is the Body of Christ to which all believers belong, and that the duty of church is to preach the Gospel of salvation to all nations.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the only ordinance and sacrament of the Church.
In summary, Cornerstone is an independent church with orthodox and evangelical theology. Jesus Christ and the gospel message is at the center of everything we do and believe. To find out more information regarding what we believe, please send us a message and we will be glad to talk to you!